How To Block A Website On Chrome In One minute (Easy Guide For Seamless Web Surfing)
There are multiple reasons why you may need to block websites on Chrome. Whether you want to keep minors from accessing certain sites or to block annoying ads and popups while you surf the web, there are multiple ways to block unwanted content and distractions.
In this read, we’ll take you through a rundown of how to block a website on Chrome in Desktop, iOS, and Android platforms. So, let’s begin!
How To Block Websites On Chrome In One Minute (Desktop Version)?
One of the most straightforward methods to block websites on Chrome (Desktop) is to use the BlockSite extension. Using this extension, you can quickly block unwanted distractions from Chrome in one minute. Now there are multiple extensions available for this purpose but the BlockSite has a massive userbase and is quite reliable.
Here’s how to block websites on Chrome using extensions.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and Search for the “BlockSite” in the search bar.
- Once you find the BlockSite extension, click on the Add to Chrome button and install.
- A popup would appear asking your permission to record your browser data. It’s up to you whether or not you want to allow this.
- The app interface would appear next where you can enter the unwanted websites that you want to block from Chrome.
Once you’ve blocked the site using this extension, try to open it and you’ll see an image like the one below instead.
How To Block Websites On Chrome (Incognito Mode)
By default, the settings of the Chrome BlockSite extension wouldn’t work in the Incognito mode. To block a website in Chrome’s incognito mode, go to the Chrome BlockSite extension settings in the toolbar and click on the Enable in Incognito Mode.
By doing this, blocked websites wouldn’t work even in incognito mode.
How To Password Protect Blocked Sites On Chrome?
Anyone with average technical knowledge knows that they can disable extension settings to access the blocked sites. Here, you need to be a step ahead and protect your blocked sites from access using a passcode.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the Chrome BlockSite extension’s detail page and click on the Password Protection
- Check the first box and set up your Email and password.
- Click on the Save button to sign up.
Once you’ve signed up, all the users will have to log in before they could change the extension settings.
How To Block A Website On Chrome (Mobile)?
Mobile devices follow quite a different approach when it comes to blocking websites on Chrome. Here’s how you can do it on Androids and iPhones.
1. How To Block A Website On Chrome (Android)?
Unlike the desktop version where you have to add an extension to your browser, blocking websites on Chrome in Android would require you to download BlockSite application from Google Playstore.
Once you’ve installed the app, here’s what you need to do.
- First, you need to allow access to the app using Accessibility
- Now tap on +icon to add a website that you want to block on Chrome.
- Search for the relevant keyword or domain name to find the site that you want to block.
- Tap on the Done button after you’ve selected the website to block.
After you’ve successfully blocked the website, here’s the image that will appear instead of it.
2. How To Block A Website On Chrome(iOS)?
Since Apple emphasizes too much on the native privacy settings, you don’t even need to download a dedicated application to block websites on Chrome. All you have to do is to make some minor tweaks in your iPhone settings. Here’s how.
- Go to the Settings of your phone and navigate to the Screen Time
- Under this tab, click on the Content and Privacy Restrictions
- Scroll down and tap on the Web Content
- Choose Limited Adult Websites from the options and add websites that you want to block.
Once you’ve saved the settings, nobody would be able to access blocked sites.
If you’ve found this article useful, read our helping guides on topics like “Increasing The Maximum File Upload Size In WordPress With 3 Easy Methods” to raise your knowledge on the subject.
Internet is a great place for gaining knowledge and spending some quality time. However, it is equally important to remember that it is quite addictive at times and can significantly affect you’re your productivity. Therefore, it is quite important to have a good check and balance on your workflow and block all the distractions in your path.